Wine Pairing: 2007 Columbia Crest Grand Estates Syrah
- 6 Plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup(s) Spanish olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 8 slice(s) Ciabatta, or crusty country style bread, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 8 slice(s) Prosciutto, thin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Puree the tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 of the olive oil and salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth, transfer to a bowl, stir in the thyme and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to high. Brush each slice of bread with the remaining oil on both sides, season with salt and pepper and grill until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 seconds on each side. Remove the bread from the grill and brush 1 side of each slice with the pureed tomatoes and top each with a slice of prosciutto.