Wine Pairing: 2008 Zenato San Benedetto Lugana
The Trebbiano grape, commonly known as Ugni Blanc, is one of the most widely planted grapes in the world. Although it is often called uninspiring, the wine is light and crisp, and becomes a perfect complement to simple pastas.
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente; drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the tomatoes, olives, anchovies and capers and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until just hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the skillet along with the reserved cooking water and toss. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the basil and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Food and Wine Magazine