Wine Pairing: 2009 Nk’Mip Pinot Noir
- 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 or 2 medium garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Niçoise olives
- 1/4 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- 4 salmon fillets, approximately 6 ounces each
- Fine grain sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pea shoots to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly season the fish with salt and pepper. Place the fish on a cooling rack that is over a baking sheet. Once the oven has preheated roast the fillets until the fish just begins to flake, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan place the cherry tomatoes, sliced garlic and Niçoise olives with the extra virgin olive oil and heat over low heat. Add the capers and chilli flakes and continue to cook over low heat for 5 minutes or so until the garlic and tomatoes are beginning to soften. Season with pepper and a bit of salt if needed (with the olives and the capers it may be salty enough). Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
- To serve, spoon a couple of tablespoons of the tomato mixture over each of the salmon fillets. Garnish with pea shoots if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Kitchen Culinaire