Wine Pairing: Merryvale Vineyards Antigua Dessert Wine
- 4 Pears, peeled
- 2 Qts.water 2 vanilla beans, scraped 2 cinnamon sticks 8 oz sugar
- Remove skin of the 4 pears and place in a saucepan with water, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. Bring to a boil and let cook approximately 30 minutes or until pears are tender. Let cool. Remove core from bottom of the pear with a melon baller and slice in half
Ingredients for Risotto:
- 1-1/2 Qts milk
- 4 oz. risotto
- 2 oz. sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, scraped
- 1/2 tsp, cinnamon, ground
- Place milk, risotto, sugar, vanilla beans and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently for approximately 35 minutes or until risotto is very tender. Remove from stove and let cool.
Ingredients for Syrup:
- 1 Qt. water 4 vanilla beans, scraped 8 oz. sugar
Directions for Syrup:
- Combine water, vanilla and sugar together in a saucepan and reduce by 3/4. Let cool and set aside.
- Place 3 Tbs. risotto in the center of the plate. Cut 2 half pears for each plate and in a fan shape, place pears on top of the risotto opposite each other. Place 2 Tbs. of vanilla syrup atop each pear and garnish with a sprig of mint and ground cinnamon around the plate.
Recipe Courtesy of the Restaurant at Meadowood Resort