Wine pairing: Trio – Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 leg of Magellan lamb, cut open in half
- 1/3 cup shortening or olive oil for browning
- 1 cup red wine, Trio Cabernet Sauvignon, to baste
For marinade and filling:
- 1 red bell pepper, broiled, skinned and seeded
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Make a paste in a food processor with the red bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the rest of the ingredients until well mixed.
- Place the meat, open in half, on a work surface and distribute the mixture evenly over the meat. Roll the meat up as tightly as possible and wrap with plastic film. Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- On the following day preheat oven to 200ºC. Place the meat in deep oven dish and season with salt and pepper. Heat the shortening or oil and brown meat on all side, for about 20 minutes. Reduce over temperature to 190ºC and add red wine. Baste the meat with its own juices every 10 minutes. For medium rare meat, cook for 45 to 55 minutes, remove from oven and let stand for about 10 minutes before slicing. Serve the juices separately in sauceboat.
Found at conchaytoro.com