- 6 large chicken breast halves with skin and bones
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper cut into half-inch pieces
- 1 pound sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups chopped white or yellow onions
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon each: fresh basil, oregano, and thyme, finely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts, skin side down. Add salt and pepper, garlic and herbs. Sauté until skin is browned. Transfer chicken, skin side up into 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic and onions. Sauté until vegetables are tender and mushrooms begin to brown. Add wine and boil for 2 minutes. Add herbs and chicken broth; bring to boil. Pour over chicken and cover dish with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
Recipe courtesy of Geyser Peak Winery